Visitor No.2880511 ..   
TrustPassKenplas Industry Ltd.Discussion Forum

Kenplas Forum ==> Blow Molding (Machine) ==> Remolding a PET bottle?
<< Previous Topic Next Topic >>
That process is not possible!

Fine
Poor
2015-4-18 11:03:40 By atosh
Hi Josh. I had exactly the same idea, and wanted to see if anyone is doing it. made a boring video about it though ..http://youtu.be/5tD9mY6x7BM
I guess you have already found the solutions because its 2013 now, however, i think if we keep the bottle submerged in hot water(below 100C), keeping the cap on so as not to let the air expand, the bottle will not shrink and maybe you can remould it by mechanically forming it, i mean by hand. However the best would be to fill with hot water, close the cap and then form by hand, but this can be a slow process for making bricks for a wall!
thanks

Fine
Poor
2013-3-25 19:59:22 By subir
hello,
well i have an easy solution for your project
if u r taking a 2 liter empty bottle to make into a brick
try as hot fill bottle blowing system , in hot fill bottle blowing we r using MTC for heating the mold about 95 C. so u can use MTC or any heater with temperature controller to heat up the mold and temperature of the mold shud be above 90 C.
reblowing the bottle as we do for making PET bottles in first place.
the pressure for reblowing should be less than 10 bar.
hope u get my point
good luck

Fine
Poor
2011-10-13 7:55:50 By shoaib
Hey Josh,

I'm no expert - and i haven't tried my idea yet - was just doing my research online and found your post - try drilling a hole in the cap, and pushing a car or bike air valve into the hole. screw it on and use a big pump or compressor as you heat the bottle in your mold.
hopefully having a go myself this weekend, but let me know if you get anywhere with this..!

andy

Fine
Poor
2011-5-24 15:43:52 By andy bradshaw
Hello,

I am new to this forum and new to blow molding/pet molding. I have a question about PET bottles and the abilityt to "remold" them. I would like to take an empty 2 liter PET soda bottle, heat it to the right temperature and form it into a new shape. When I've tried to do this, the bottle tends to collapse as if it was returning to the shape it was originally blown from. Is it possible to remold the bottle by injecting air into the bottle at the right pressure while it is hot? Or is this something that really has to be done from scratch blowing new bottles with the right mold?

This is for an educational project with architects. We are experimenting with ways to turn PET bottles into bricks. The goal is to build a pavilion using these PET bricks. The geometry of these bricks would be hexagonal in section and tapering so that we can build an arch.

Any leads, basic information or references are helpful. Thanks.

- Josh Draper

Fine
Poor
2011-3-3 1:54:38 By Josh Draper

Post A Reply

Temporarily shut down, no new message, sorry.

Name:

Email:

(Max. 2KB)

Attachment:     (Max. 500kB, .RAR.ZIP.JPG.GIF only)
Verification:

This forum published since July 03, 2002. Renewed on June 22, 2005.

[Plastics Project] [Plastics Machinery] [Plastics Mold] [Discussion Forum] [Contact Kenplas]
Copyright © 2024 Kenplas Industry Limited, Hangzhou Kenplas Machinery Ltd.              Powered by Alentus.